Welcome to Patton Elementary home of the Patton Patriots! I am very proud of our students and staff here at Patton. This year we have received the California Distinguished School Award. The school was recognized for academic excellence! The staff and I are committed to providing our students with the academic skills and personal skills that lead to lifelong success.
We have the Gifted and Talented Program (GATE) here at Patton. GATE-identified students are placed with their academic peers in classrooms with teachers trained in GATE instructional practices and strategies on how to support their unique social-emotional needs.
At Patton we strongly believe in educating the whole child through opportunities in the Arts and advanced studies. Over the last two years the students have participated in Seussical and Peter Pan. This year our production was Lion King. There are over one hundred students, teachers, and parents involved in our production. In addition, we offer after-school programs, including Running Club, Book Club, Academic Chess, and Robotics.
Part of Patton’s success is the wonderful parent involvement. We have several parents who volunteer their time inside and outside the classrooms to support our school. We have fantastic Parent Teacher Association (PTA). The PTA funds the fieldtrips, assemblies, technology, planners, classroom supplies, and many more other items for our school. They also put on fun events such as the Carnival, Family Nights, and the Walk-A-Thon.
It is my belief that schools and families must work together as partners to ensure the success of our students. I look forward to continuing this partnership with you. To all our new families, please feel free to stop by and introduce yourselves.
Jennifer Carter, Principal
Welcome to Patton Elementary, where we offer general education classes, special education classes, and the GATE program for all of our 985 students! What makes us unique is that despite being a large school, everyone takes the time to build relationships among our students and community. We have a welcoming and positive climate here at Patton. We also expand our curriculum through activities such as Colonial Day, Greek Games, Egypt Day, and Snow Day to provide hands-on learning opportunities for students.
Our PTA is very active around campus and our safe community. Parents are given the choices between volunteering in the classroom or assisting the PTA as a whole. Participating parents put on the following:
Candy Cane Corner
Family Nights which include Movie Nights and Paint Nights
funding all field trips and three assemblies during the school year
Our PTA strives to coordinate fun and academically enriching events throughout the year for each and every student. Their constant participation evokes student attendance to all events in our big community of Patriots. Thank you, parents!
Our after school programs enhance student academics as they focus on other subjects that are not typically available at other GGUSD campuses. Here are our programs:
- The Running Club rallies our future cross-country athletes as they explore the world of exercise and health. Students in the program are taught tips and strategies to reserve stamina on the track for better running results.
- Our Coding/Robotics Club highlights the sciences and technological aspects of our digitally literate society. Students learn how to program robots and utilize them for humanitarian and academic purposes.
- The Book Club allows students to read famous literary works and discuss insightful themes found in the text. Our readers gather to critically think and become globally aware as they decipher book messages and apply them to the real world.
- Patton's Art Club channels the meaning of identity and eclectic styles as students use different art forms to develop original artwork. Participants learn about artistic techniques, time periods, and artists while expressing themselves in their own unique way.
- After school Intervention is available for students who need an extra boost in certain academic subjects. Teachers and students collaborate and critically think about different ways to learn and review class content. Scholars also receive homework help.
- Chess Club highlights strategic modes of thinking via matches between students. Participating scholars learn the history and purpose of chess, teaching them enriching information here on campus. Additionally, students engage in exciting chess games as a way to practice strategic thinking.
- Patton presents a musical each year. Students in grades 4-6 can participate in the theatrical work as a means to exercise public speaking. This year the musical was The Lion King. Participants did a phenomenal job as they performed their hearts out for our large, loving community.
- Our Boys and Girls Kids Club on campus extends its services to students in grades K-6. They offer after school tutoring on campus as well as fun activities to evoke student engagement and involvement.
Here at Patton, we pride ourselves on the fact that we are a California Distinguished School. We would like to thank our teachers, students, staff and parents for maintaining a positive class climate full of participation, communication, and civic engagement. Patton students strive to succeed every day of the school year. We are proud of our accomplishments and hope to continue our success this year.
For questions or comments, pay us a visit at our front office. Good luck Patriots!